Thursday 4 February 2010

Welcome...

Welcome to my blog which will cover my journey from now to the 'So You Think You Can Dance Australia' auditions in October 2010.

In this blog I will post some of the strategies I am using to achieve my goals, inspirational content, and insights I gain along the way.

For starters, I have a coach for the year who I speak to every 10 days to make sure I am accountable for the goals I have set myself. I've only spoken to her a couple of times so far but already can tell what the benefits are.

Already i know, and my path was leading me here before coaching, but coaching is supporting this, that there are no excuses - if you set out on a path and decide to do something you must do it. Coaching makes this very clear - what do you want to achieve this week, with the follow up - did you do what you said you were going to do. It makes it very clear and sets up some good patterns of behaviour.

That's all for this post, life's good in my new home here in Guildford, England - I have Contemporary and Breakdance on Monday nights, Ballet on Tuesday's, Advanced Ballet and Bollywood on Wednesday's and Hip Hop on Thursday's.

Another lesson I have learnt is that you can always learn something from everyone, so even some of my earlier classes which I thought were a bit basic and unstructured, I told myself stick it out and see what you can learn here - and I did learn things that i may not have learnt any where else.

I will have to get to some more advanced and challenging classes though so that I am 'competing' at the level I will have to compete at when SYTYCD comes around again. I really loved the experience in 2009 - seeing what the level was, knowing I wasn't there yet but could be, and having enormous respect for the people who got to that level before me.

In fact, just before I left that competition, I was driving to the Gold Coast for the last round of auditions that I didn't get through and this song came on. I dedicate this to them. Keep Going People!!

No comments:

Post a Comment