Sunday 28 February 2010

Am I On Track?


This was a topic I brought up with my coach in our last session. I wanted to get her feedback on whether I was on track for achieving my primary goal of winning 'So You Think You Can Dance Australia - 2011'.

Firstly, I was asked to identify the criteria that I would be judged on by the judges.  As I was in the competition last year, I was able to have a pretty clear idea of what they were looking for.  I also remembered some of the feedback from the judges which I would act upon such as 'dancing to your strengths' (~Matt Lee) .

Once these criteria were identified, I had to rate my competency from 0-10 in each area.  It's a simple concept but very helpful in gauging where you are at, where you want to be, and then formulating a MAP on how to get there.

For the time being, i'm keeping my battle plan to myself, but I wanted to share with you a way to check whether you are on track - Identify Your Success Criteria, Gauge Yourself on Where You Are and Where You Want To Be, and then make a MAP of how to get there.

Happy Travelling!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog and looking forward to following your Journey Keep training hard buddy remember you are capable of achieving anything you just have to want it bad enough : )

    ReplyDelete